The Orochi Oniwabanshu are a secret elite ninja force from Wano Country, whose task it is to protect their Shogun Kurozumi Orochi himself from all possible threatening dangers, as well as to detect their masterminds in advance and to thwart any enemy plans.
According to Fukurokuju, the elite force consists of 5,000 ninjas. After Orochi was assassinated by Kaidou and they were given the choice to submit to him and become pirates or die, Fukurokuju agreed. They are now under the Emperor’s command. During the Raid on Onigashima, most of the Orochi secret agents were defeated by Hyogoro, who regained his old powers through the Ice Demon Virus. The leader Fukurokuju, on the other hand, got to deal with Raizo….
- The Orochi secret agents are modeled after the Oniwabana group of undercover agents who reported directly to the Shogun in feudal Japan. They operated primarily from hiding and were responsible for secret missions and protecting the Shogun.
- The majority of the members known so far are named after Japanese deities.
- Hanzo’s name probably comes from Hattori Hanzō, a famous samurai and ninja from the Sengoku period.
- Sarutobi’s name probably comes from Sarutobi Sasuke, a famous ninja from Japanese folklore.
- Yazaemon’s name probably comes from Kido Yazaemon, a famous 16th century ninja from Iga Province.
- Shinobu and Raizo were once members of the Kozuki secret agents who served under the Kozuki family.