One Piece Chapter 943


Front page request: “Robin uses the thread of a Tarantula for knitting” by Noda Skywalker


Many years ago on Wano Country: The then still very young Denjiro, Kawamatsu, Shinobu, Inuarashi, Kanjuro, Kinemon, Raizo, Ashura Doji and Nekomamushi have tried to steal money from the Daimyo of Hakumai, Shimotsuki Yasuie, in order to give it to their lord Kozuki Oden, whom they adore beyond measure and whom they want to serve forever. To the confusion of all present, Yasuie gives the money to the posed thieves, but on the condition that they use it to acquire an education, for as future subordinates of the shogun, it is their duty to be among the wisest and strongest of all samurai…!

Back in the present, that same Shimotsuki lies dead on the ground after being gunned down by Kurozumi Orochi, causing his former companions to burst into tears. The rest of the inhabitants of Ebisu, who always appreciated their patron Tonoyasu, however, laugh incessantly about the death of their comrade-in-arms, which especially the watching straw hats can’t understand. Hiyori, Shinobu, Hyo and Ashura Doji take this circumstance as an opportunity to tell their respective groups the truth about the Smiles of Wano Country… The Smiles brought Kaidou to the island in exchange for weapons, in order to create the strongest pirate gang in the world with the help of the Smiles, which exclusively consists of powerful Zoan users. However, the success rate of the artificial devil fruits is only 10%! The remaining 90% of those who consume it suffer the loss of the ability to feel grief and anger as a side effect. Instead, they are forced to laugh at all times. In his viciousness, Shogun Orochi eventually had those Smiles who only had the side effects brought to the villages to satisfy the people with this food, which in turn meant that all of Ebisu is now affected by the side effects and thus cannot even grieve when hunger strikes or people die.

At this moment, O-Toko goes to her lifeless father, crying but laughing, where she is recognized by Orochi. Enraged that it was her who laughed so loudly just before, whereupon Komurasaki supposedly had to die, he now wants to shoot the little girl as well…But suddenly two figures break through all barriers to confront the Shogun! They are Zoro and Sanji, who are now known to the entire population as murderers and troublemakers…

Oda’s comment

Does the fact that I bought the second volume of Isekai Ojisan mean I’ve become addicted to this manga?
The manga is about Takafumi and his uncle. The latter wakes up from a coma after 17 years after he had an accident.The latter claims to have been in another world during his coma and even learned magic.

Manga volumesWano Country Arc (Manga)

Related Topics


Contributors: Login to see the list of contributors of this page.